Technical and Functional Bootcamp

My first job was at SSI as a Software Engineer (Trainer) at their Regional head office at Delhi. Some of the clients I delivered technical training in Oracle 8, C, C++, and Java were GE Capital and NIIT.

I was the First Trainer from SSI to deliver software trainings at California. I delivered technical and functional training on the client's E-Business Platform based on Java and XML at their Belmont office. The training was successful and I was asked to create user guides and product overview documents - this was my transition from being a trainer to a technical writer.

After creating all the technical documents, I was given the responsibility of creating training material for their applications. This was the first step towards instructional design and I developed Instructor Led Training (ILT) for the Technical and Functional bootcamp. Some of the objectives were:

  • Provide an overview of the client and its products. (Common)
  • Identify the features of Appbuilder. (Functional)
  • Describe the architecture of AppBuilder. (Technical)
  • Build and release a module using AppBuilder. (Technical)
  • Create templates using AppBuilder. (Functional)
  • Customize AppBuilder according to user specifications. (Technical)

No comments: